Free your Joints (Joint Health Yoga & Mobility Workshop with doTERRA Essential Oils)
Motion is lotion & rest is rust for the body! We were born to move, our health depends on it! Joint mobility is important tohelp prevent & alleviate (osteo)arthritis, to help improve injuries / aches or pains. Healthy joints allow us to continue to run, walk, lift weights, jump, play sports, work, lift our children and do other things we enjoy WITHOUT PAIN.
Join me for an excellent start to the day to awaken the whole body with a movement & Yoga Workshop focusing on mobility & joint health. On a more subtle level, in bringing your attention from head to toe and all through your body, we also awaken our ‘presence’ to be fully in our bodies and not just in our heads… thinking! Taking time for daily movement at the joints is a key element in maintaining healthy joints… and in turn, healthy muscles and bones.
The workshop will start with an introduction to doTERRA Essential Oils & how they can benefit your wellbeing & joint health. Then we will practice mindful movement with the introduction of Functional Range Conditioning techniques of CARs – where we will move each joint gently and systematically, checking in with it to discover how well can you control the movement and what this means for exercise selection and injury prevention.
We then will use PAILs and RAILs techniques to create functional mobility in the joints. These are designed to increase range of motion by combining strength and stretching. The latter section of the workshop will include Yin Yoga poses – longer, deeper, static exercises & stretches which have a calming effect on our bodies & minds. Yin is deliciously deep and mindful practice in which floor-based postures are held for 3-5 minutes in order to access a safe and positive ‘stress’ on the deep layers of connective tissue in the body. This allows the body to slowly stretch and unwind. As this practice emphasizes stillness, Yin prepares both the body and the mind for deeper experiences in meditation. Mindfulness & breathing techniques will be included throughout in the workshop. Bring your blanket & a cushion for ultimate restoration and relaxation.
doTERRA Essential Oil
· A doTERRA Deep Blue Rub sample will be given to each participant and use will be demonstrated & encouraged during the workshop. Deep Blue is a soothing solution for sore muscles and joints with Wintergreen, Camphor, Peppermint, Blue Tansy, Blue Chamomile, Helichrysum, and Osmanthus work together to soothe and relax muscles and ease achy joints.
· Its effects are deep and penetrating with sustained results. Once gently rubbed into the area of discomfort, Deep Blue’s cool therapeutic benefit will be felt almost immediately.
· Deep Blue provides instant relief for the occasional discomfort of tired, sore, and worn-down muscles and joints and supports healthy circulation.
Who is it suitable for?
· Arthritis Sufferers
· Desk based workers
· Sports players / Athletes / Cyclists
· Manual workers
· Basically anyone who moves!
>To book one of the limited spaces please contact: Ebb & Flow Yoga 087-3679132. Please inform us of any injuries or health conditions at the time of booking
>Investment: €20 (MOYA Festival special rate)
>What to bring: Your yoga mat, blanket, cushion & water
> Where: Tranquilty Room, Old Convent, Ballybunion